Elder Brandon O. Henson

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

January 3, 2011

Wassup everyone! 
I'm an Action Figure!
Happy 2011!  This last week was pretty solid despite the holiday and low amount of miles. Fortunately the members really came through for us by giving us rides to appointments.

Starting out with last Monday, it was a lot of fun going to Alex's hockey games and celebrating his b-day. His team won the second game. They scored the game-winning goal with less than three minutes to go. It was pretty intense!

On a lower note, Jim hasn't been doing so well lately.  He was in the hospital for the past couple days and is now home. Please keep him in your prayers.  Our newest investigators, the Melix family, are really a joy to visit. They love our company and actually have questions about the church despite being devoted Methodists. We are excited to answer their questions this week and hope that they open up to explore the gospel. 
"Does that mean you're not interested?"
New Year's Eve wasn't as exciting as yours. We went to the Biegas for dinner and that was a good visit. However, it really felt like a typical Friday and normal curfew. I was in my bed watching the clock go 12 and then fell asleep. I know, lame... So that was basically the week.

I got news that the Chiefs are in the playoffs! Too bad they gotta go through New England to get to the Super Bowl.

My favorite scripture right now is D&C 19:23.

Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me.”

Bro. Biega showed me it and it is such a simple yet powerful scripture.

Thank you to all sending me letters and packages. I love ‘em.  Hope all is well with you all, back home.  I will get back with you again next Wednesday when transfers roll around.

Have an excellent week!

Love,
Elder Henson

No comments:

Post a Comment