Elder Brandon O. Henson

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Freezing Continues...

12-13-2010

Wassup Everyone!

What a great week here on the Cape! Things continue to become better and better as Christmas draws closer.

We have a baptism lined up for this Sunday with Jim!!! If all goes well with the interview this week, I will have the honor of baptizing him! I'm so excited for him and amazed how much he has progressed in the last couple months. He is such a sincere and charitable person and God is giving him the blessings he's deserved.

We also got another baptismal date set with Jenny for January 14th. She really wants to learn the gospel and has understood the first and part of the second lessons very well. Hopefully (if transfers allow) and all follows suit, that will happen as well.

The last couple days have been very busy with a lot of work. Saturday during my tour with Elder Castro in Brewster, we didn't have anything planned except meals and we just took the branch list and started stopping by all the less-actives in Hyannis. We ended up with 5 potentials and a couple lessons throughout the day. My faith in the Lord grew that day because I thought the whole day would be a bust and it ended up super. Then yesterday after church, we met at members’ homes one after another and had a couple lessons that day too, including the one with Jenny accepting her baptismal date. God is continuing to bless this area day by day and I am grateful to be witnessing those blessings happen. It’s amazing how true missionary work is.

I got a good amount of mail this week. My friends Elder Tyler Weeks, Elder Lance McDowell, and Natalie Peterson all sent letters. The YSA back home sent me a letter with messages from them. I got Blake's Sunday school class's package with their letters and an overwhelming amount of sweets. And I got the package with the thermals and goodies too, (the thermals fit fine). Thanks to all of you for those letters and packages. It’s what influences me to keep on working and serving, knowing that I have a strong support system. To all you who haven't yet, don't be bashful, feel free to send letters!!!!! Ha-ha!

The weather has been FREEZING this week!!! Temps were in the 20s and 30s all week except for the past couple days. I wore everything! My thermals, my trench coat, my skull hat, my gloves. Anything to keep me from being a Popsicle! It was COLD, especially when we were bold and tracted.

How things going back home?  ALLYSON! Congrats on the soccer championship and the goal!! That's awesome!!! I wish I was there!

To clarify, ANY picture is what I’m referring to on the Christmas list. I can't wait for the other Christmas packages to come. We have had a few families invite us over for Christmas so we should be taken care of for that weekend.

The branch takes such good care of us and makes sure we are good. So to all you that have Elders in your ward/branch, check to make sure they are taken care of for the holidays.

The holidays are cool here in Massachusetts. I enjoy riding at night and seeing the lights through the trees. It's different. I've been humming and singing NSYNC Christmas songs constantly, just as if I was home ha-ha!  I'm excited for the next couple weeks!!!

I love you all!!!!! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I know that this work I'm doing here is true and is worth it. Pray to the Father in the name of Christ and he will pour out his blessings upon you and answer your questions.

Take care and I'll talk to you all next week! :)

Elder Henson

No comments:

Post a Comment