Elder Brandon O. Henson

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Greetings from the MTC!

10-6-2010

Hey Family,

It is so nice to finally write back to you. I have gotten used to the new life here. The days are gradually getting faster each day, especially P-day today. My P-day is Wednesday but I'll only have one more next week before I fly out.

I've met SO many people from BYU! Both Elders and friends working the MTC dining haha. I did get my new scriptures at a great price thanks to the missionary discount :) .

I have been taking some good pictures but I don't see a memory card slot on these computers so I'll have to manually mail some printed pics and then find a USB to attach more to these emails (bare with me haha).

My companion is a cool guy. His name is Elder Brian Piacitelli (pee ach i tell ee) from Delta, UT. He is in my dorm along with the other companionship going to Boston: Elder Cade Thomas from Logan, UT and Elder Nick Berlin from Taylorsville, UT. They are really great men and we've had some good laughs together so far.

MTC District
General Conference was amazing! I can't believe what I miss when I don't watch Saturday sessions haha. It was just the break I needed from an overwhelming three days. It is getting chilly up here and it has rained the last couple days so haven't worn short sleeve shirts too much.

The food here is just like the Cannon Center, but a little better I guess. I don't know if I'll be able to finish all those goodies you sent me but I did finish off those Krispy Kremes from the Swainstons :).

So far I went to the temple earlier today. What a great time getting to feel the Spirit even more! Later I hope to get some letters done. I can't wait to hear from Clint about his mission call! Feel free to tell other friends of mine (either on my facebook or in the ward) to send me letters. I love hearing from the "outside" as we call it here haha.

The studying has taken some time to get used to but I enjoy reading the scriptures and I'm getting better at teaching the first lesson. Well, that is pretty much all I can think of reporting at this time. Like I said, I'll send some pictures in the next couple days.

I miss & love you guys so much and am praying for you every night. Talk to you soon.

Elder Henson

5 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from him! He sounds great! Thanks for sending us the link. We can't wait to read his next letter!

    The joneses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Brandon! And yay for his mama finally getting a letter! =] And yay for technology so we can all share in the excitement!

    Missions are so awesome! I loved to read that he "enjoys studying the scriptures," "had a great time feeling the Spirit at the temple," and that "General Conference was amazing!" Cheri, as much as you miss him, I KNOW you would not trade that. =]

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! So grateful and thankful he has this oppurtunity!
    Love you guys!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick and Darci Evans

    We are so excited for Brandon to be serving. Landon has been out for 10 months now. He is in LA spanish speaking. Thanks for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to Go Elder Brandon Henson! Ambassador for Jesus Christ. We love you. Enjoy your heritage. Back in your Clemans/Clemons Ancestry area. Worcester, Essex, Suffolk Counties and more. Serving your Heavenly Father. Go forth with power! James Clemans Family.

    ReplyDelete